Posted News by Category
Click here for contact information for agency, FMC and CIG personnel.
For definitions of technical terms used on this site, click here.
Topic: Information and news about the CIGThe new items published under this topic are as follows.
1. The FMC fact sheet describing the new Home Value Assurance Program which replaces the Property Price Protection Plan for homes put up for sale. This plan will go into affect January 2009. The Property Price Protection Plan runs through June 2009.
Click here to download.
2. Comparison sheet for the Property Price Protection Plan and the new Home Value Assurance Program.
Click here to download.
3. The FMC "Keeping You Posted' update. Click here to download.
4. The DEC internet source for a Buffalo News article concerning what they called "Nasty Sites" in Niagara County. The report claimed FMC was such a site and they had off site ground water contamination. Also the article stated the plant was used for disposal of pesticides without mention of pesticide manufacturing. The reporter used only the negative parts of the DEC information. The DEC admits they need to better keep such internet pages of information more up to date. Click here to download.
5. A DOH Biological Monitoring Study done in 1987 using Roy-Hart school students using hair and urine samples to detect levels of arsenic and lead. The results were then compared with results of tests using students from a school in Greenbush, NY, near Albany. The results showed no statistical differences. The agencies have stated one reason they did not recognize the Exponent study which tested Middleport residents for arsenic was hair samples were not used and they felt those samples would be more accurate. Hair samples were used in this DOH study. Click here to download.
6. A DOH Incidence of Cancer study done in 1987 in Middleport comparing expected cancer cases with actual occurrences. Seventeen of the most common cancer types for men and women were studied. No statistical increase in cancer cases over expected were found in this study. Click here to Download.
Keep in mind the two above studies were done before any remediation of residential property or the school football field was done.
Posted by: BillA on Jul 11, 2008 - 12:02 AM
Note: To download a copy in pdf format click here or click on the Read Full Article below to view the notes.
Posted by: Wally on Jul 03, 2008 - 04:01 PM Read full article: 'June 18, 2008 Part I Meeting Notes Available' (6381 more words)
Posted by: BillA on May 29, 2008 - 11:34 AM Read full article: 'June 18 CIG Meeting Different than Normal' (520 more words)
Note: These notes have now been added to the monthly meeting notes archives.
Posted by: Admin on Apr 25, 2008 - 06:57 PM
Posted by: Admin on Mar 28, 2008 - 05:39 PM Read full article: 'The CIG - The How and Why' (313 more words)
Posted by: Admin on Mar 20, 2008 - 08:00 PM Read full article: 'Review of the CIG's Accomplishments' (167 more words)
Next Meeting Date
There are no plans for a meeting at this time.
All meetings run from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. at the Masonic Lodge, 20 Main St. in the Village. All Middleport residents and property owners are welcome to stop by anytime while we are meeting.
Meeting Notes & Agendas
Download CIG meeting notes and agendas from 2006 to the present here.
CIG Mission Statement
To download a copy of the CIG's Mission Statement click here.
New Member Materials
The CIG Brochure
To download the CIG brochure in pdf format just click this link.
There are 48 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.
You can log-in or register for a user account here.